Michael Bindner's DC Blog

In this blog, I discuss DC politics and other issues of import to local government. I have posted several essays from my book, Musings from the Christian Left, on blog entreies dated June 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aspen HIll, Maryland, United States

Thursday, March 22, 2007

In the words of Emily Latella

Never mind.

The Rules Committee passed a closed rule on Voting Rights. Thomas has not yet been updated to show how it fared, but I doubt that the GOP have the votes for anything but what the speaker wants.

UPDATE: I just called the Delegate's office. A motion to recommit was passed on the rule. Apparently, reconsidering the District's gun laws will be a requirement to consider the bill. This is a poison pill which Norton may not swallow. I would suggest making a deal allowing for Rohrbacher and taking off consideration of gun laws, since this will likely go to the Supreme Court docket anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home