Michael Bindner's DC Blog

In this blog, I discuss DC politics and other issues of import to local government. I have posted several essays from my book, Musings from the Christian Left, on blog entreies dated June 2004.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Aspen HIll, Maryland, United States

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Voting Rights Update

I found the testimony not covered in the Washington Post article on the Committee web page. The testimony was about what I would expect, but it would have been good to have published more of it in the article. Even the harshest deadline would have allowed that.

What was unexpected was for Ken Starr to come out for voting rights, although not too terribly so, since some think voting rights is a way to shut up the statehood movement (Marc Fisher among them, if you read last week's blog on the subject).

The comments I provided to the committee can be found here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home